To assist you with earning a designation if you are a designer or OPM, we will apply the certification you earned towards the requirements you need to earn the MCPPO designation. Instead of taking all three classes, you can opt out of the Public Contracting Overview class and just take the Supplies and Services Contracting and Design and Construction Contracting classes. The class ends with a multiple-choice exam.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - OIG Academy Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- March 7 - 8, 2024 and March 13 - 14, 2024
- May 9 - 10, 2024 and May 16 - 17, 2024
Class time: 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Registration closes two weeks before the class start date.
- AIA credit eligible.
- Blackboard® or other virtual platform login details will be emailed to registrants.
- MSBA regulations
- Overview of the public construction laws in Massachusetts
- Role of the designer
- Role of the owner’s project manager
- Legal requirements for public contracts
- Procuring building-design contracts
- Unique bidding requirements for building contracts
- Emergency contracts
- Effective contract administration
- Prevailing wage laws
- Ethics laws and considerations
- Public Records Law
- Special issues in construction
Contact for School Project Designers and Owner's Project Managers Certification
|Date published:||August 19, 2022|
|Last updated:||December 4, 2023|