The Supplies and Services Contracting class is a five-week asynchronous class. You may complete each module at your own pace within the five weeks. The class includes hands-on exercises and supplemental activities designed to involve the student in the learning process. The Supplies and Services Contracting incorporates knowledge checks throughout the program and ends with a multiple-choice exam.
- Prerequisite: Completion of Public Contracting Overview is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- This class is one of the three classes required to earn the MCPPO Designation. Once you complete all three classes, to receive your designation please submit the MCPPO designation application.
February 13 - March 19 - Registration is closed.
April 24 - May 28 - Registration is closed.
June 6 - July 9
Self-paced 5-week class
- Registration closes two weeks before the class start date.
- Blackboard® login information will be emailed to registrants.
- MCPPO Winter 2023 - Spring 2023 Registration Form
- Register and pay online
- Overview of M.G.L. c. 30B
- Writing effective specifications
- Obtaining price quotations for smaller purchases
- Obtaining best value using invitations for bids (IFBs)
- Creating and applying criteria to evaluate proposals
- Developing performance standards and measures
- Designing requests for proposals
- Common bidding challenges and how to resolve them
- Multi-year contracts, leases and lease-purchases
- Contract administration for supplies and services
- Dealing with contractor performance problems
Boston, MA 02108
|Last updated:||February 8, 2023|