The Supplies and Services Contracting class is a five-week asynchronous class. You may complete each module at your own pace within the five weeks. The class includes hands-on exercises and supplemental activities designed to involve the student in the learning process. The Supplies and Services Contracting incorporates knowledge checks throughout the program and ends with a multiple-choice exam.
- Prerequisite: Completion of Public Contracting Overview is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Instructional Method: Online - OIG Academy Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- This class is one of the three classes required to earn the MCPPO Designation. Once you complete all three classes, to receive your designation please submit the MCPPO designation application.
- Dec. 11, 2023 - Jan. 22, 2024 - Registration is closed (FULL).
- Jan. 29 - March 4, 2024 - Registration is closed (FULL).
- March 18 - April 22, 2024
- May 20 - June 24, 2024
Time: Self-paced 5-week class
- Overview of M.G.L. c. 30B
- Writing effective specifications
- Obtaining price quotations for smaller purchases
- Obtaining best value using invitations for bids (IFBs)
- Creating and applying criteria to evaluate proposals
- Developing performance standards and measures
- Designing requests for proposals
- Common bidding challenges and how to resolve them
- Multi-year contracts, leases and lease-purchases
- Contract administration for supplies and services
- Dealing with contractor performance problems
Contact for Supplies and Services Contracting
|Last updated:||November 9, 2023|