Sick person in the facility within the last 24 hours
- All areas used by the person who is sick shall be closed off and not used until after cleaning and disinfecting. This includes offices, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Wait as long as possible (at least several hours) before cleaning and disinfecting the area.
- Open doors and windows, and use fans wherever possible to increase air circulation in the area.
- Use EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants for COVID-19 and follow instructions on the product label.
- Wear a mask and gloves while cleaning and disinfecting.
- Vacuum the space if needed and use a vacuum equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter and bags, if available. While vacuuming shut of all recirculating air units, with the exception of any central HVAC systems, to avoid contamination of the air handling units.
Sick person in the facility where more than 24 hours has passed
Cleaning the areas used by the person who is sick or diagnosed with COVID-19 is all that is required. Disinfecting these areas is not required and only performed as part of the routine scheduled cleaning and disinfecting within the facility.
Sick person in the facility where more than 3 days have passed
No additional cleaning or disinfecting required. Continue to perform routine scheduled cleaning and disinfecting within the facility.
|Date published:||May 10, 2021|