Based on the contest rules, the winning names are:
- District 1 (K-4th): Flurry Fighter, Crosby Elementary School
- District 1 (5th-8th): Sled Zeppelin, Buckland-Shelburne Elementary School
- District 2 (K-4th): Luke Snowalker, Munger Hill School
- District 2 (5th-8th): Snow day, No way, Hadley Elementary School
- District 3 (K-4th): Plower Ranger, Reingold Elementary School
- District 3 (5th-8th): Blizzard Wizard, Tahanto Middle-High School
- District 4 (K-4th): Sherlock Snowmes, John F. Kennedy School
- District 4 (5th-8th): Snow Big Deal, TEC Connections Academy
- District 5 (K-4th): Snowdrop, Wilkins Elementary School
- District 5 (5th-8th): Snow Time to Lose, Wamsutta Middle School
- District 6 (K-4th): Arctic Beast, JFK Elementary School
- District 6 (5th-8th): Blizzard of Oz, James F. Condon K-8
These top two names for each Highway District will be affixed to a snowplow in that district. The creative classrooms who submitted the winning names will each receive a visit from the snowplow, and a $100 gift card for school supplies!
See rules list below.
Contest rules and guidelines
- Entrants must be Massachusetts residents in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade with permission from a parent or guardian. Classroom entries are preferred unless a student is homeschooled.
- Selection committee members will not include any MassDOT employees who have a family member in a classroom as a teacher or student.
- Entries will be accepted in order received and duplicated names and/or entries will be excluded. (This is first-come, first-served; MassDOT will use the name entered first and the entrant’s first submission.) No Purchase is necessary to participate in this contest.
- MassDOT may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- No profanity or inappropriate language.
- The MassDOT reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason.
- MassDOT is not responsible for electronic transmission errors or traffic congestion on the Internet.
- Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify, and hold MassDOT harmless with respect to any and all claims arising from entrant’s entry.
- MassDOT’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this contest.