What to know before you go
- The vaccine is free for everyone.
- You must make an appointment to get a vaccine.
- The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses. Before leaving your first dose appointment, make sure you have either scheduled or you know how to schedule a second appointment at the same site.
- The Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine only requires one dose.
- You do not need insurance, a driver’s license, or a Social Security number in order to get the vaccine.
What you need for your appointment
Your vaccination location may list the below items as necessary, however, that only applies to people who have them. You can still receive the COVID-19 vaccine without insurance or an ID.
- An ID with your name to verify your name in the vaccination system.
- A health insurance card. Your insurance will be billed at no cost to you.
Keep others safe
It will take time for everyone to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Continue to use all tools available to stop the spread - before your vaccine, in-between vaccine doses, and when you are fully vaccinated.