Norwottuck Rail Trail
Details of Norwottuck Rail Trail
Overview of Norwottuck Rail Trail
Hours for Norwottuck Rail Trail
Sunrise to sunset
Parking at Norwottuck Rail Trail
Free parking is available for trail users at:
- Elwell Recreation Area in Northampton
- Railroad Street in Hadley
- Station Road in South Amherst
Activities at Norwottuck Rail Trail
BikingRide the 11-mile paved trail along the former Boston & Maine Railroad.
All Activities at Norwottuck Rail Trail
- Cross-country skiing
- Running and walking
- Educational programs
Facilities at Norwottuck Rail Trail
- Paved bike path
- Picnic area
Accessibility at Norwottuck Rail Trail
- Accessible biking
Restrictions at Norwottuck Rail Trail
- No alcohol
- No motorized vehicles
- No horses
- No littering
More info for Norwottuck Rail Trail
The west end of the Norwottuck Rail Trail connects with the Northampton Bikeway and the Manhan Rail Trail to Easthampton.
The bike path also passes through Connecticut River Greenway State Park on Damon Road in Northampton.
- Be courteous of other path users.
- Keep right unless passing.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- Trail is open dawn to dusk. If you have appropriate lights, ride at your on risk.
- Give a clear and audible signal before passing and pass only when it's safe to.
- Travel at a reasonable speed.
- Wear protective headgear. This is required by law for children 16 years and younger, but recommended for all.
- Respect private property next to the trail.
- Carry in, carry out all trash and belongings.