- Office of Technical Assistance and Technology
Through a grant from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), OTA and seven Regional Planning Agencies (RPAs) are conducting workshops designed to build awareness and educate Local and Regional Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs and REPCs), first responders, businesses and community stakeholders about toxic chemicals in their communities. This effort will build sustainable and replicable models for incorporating toxics use reduction into emergency preparedness and climate change resiliency planning. The first round of trainings will target LEPCs, REPCs, municipal and state facilities, first responders and other stakeholders.
Who Should Attend?
- Local & Regional Emergency Planning Councils
- Municipal & State Facility Operators
- Local & State Officials
- Department of Public Works Personnel
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
- State HAZMAT Teams
- First Responders
- City Planners
- Public Servants
- Community Groups
- Other Interested Parties