- Department of Early Education and Care
Media Contact for EEC to Hold Early Childhood Innovation Summit
Kathleen Hart, Communications Director, EEC
Boston — The Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) will hold an Early Childhood Innovation Summit in Boston on October 16, 2019. This summit will foster dialogue among practitioners, policy makers and funders around the challenges and opportunities in scaling innovative models in early childhood. The summit will feature approximately 20 organizations from the areas of instructional leadership, curriculum, and assessment for early education and care providers.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn more about the Early Childhood Support Organization (ECSO) Initiative -- a $20m public-private partnership between EEC and New Profit social ventures to provide workforce supports and program quality improvements that lead to better child outcomes. The Early Childhood Innovation Summit will feature:
- An ECSO overview from Samantha Aigner-Treworgy, Commissioner of Early Education and Care; and Aaron Lieberman, Partner, New Profit.
- Panel Discussion with local stakeholders on the opportunities and challenges of “scaling up” in early childhood in Massachusetts.
- “Pitch” Presentations that highlight innovative ventures.
- Discussion on key strategies for funding innovation at scale.
- Roundtable Conversations on ideas and connections inspired by the Summit.
More information on the Early Childhood Support Organization initiative is available in this informational webinar or by contacting New Profit via email to Julie Asher email@example.com. If you would like to attend the Early Childhood Innovation Summit, please register in advance online.