- Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation
Media Contact for National Consumer Protection Week Virtual Forum: March 10, 2022 @ 2PM
Jennifer Hubert, Deputy Director of Communications
Boston, MA — Undersecretary Edward A. Palleschi of the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (OCABR) is excited to host OCABR’s annual National Consumer Protection Week Virtual Forum on March 10, 2022, at 2:00 PM. This year’s panel will include field experts from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), Better Business Bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Edward A. Palleschi, Undersecretary, OCABR
- Danielle Bass, Manager of Community Relations, BBB Serving Eastern MA, ME, RI, and VT
- Nancy B. Cahalen, President, BBB Serving Central and Western MA, and Northeastern CT
- Michael E. Festa, State Director, Massachusetts AARP
- Robin Eichen, Consumer Protection Attorney, FTC
- Glenn Gizzi, Senior Stakeholder Liaison, IRS
This forum is open to the public and participants will hear from the experts themselves about the most common scams currently targeting consumers such as: COVID-related scams, Social Security scams, phone scams, phishing scams, unemployment benefits scams, and details related to the up-and-coming trend of cryptocurrency scams. In addition, they will learn how to avoid being scammed, what to do if they become a victim of fraud, and ways to prevent identity theft.
To sign up for this year’s virtual forum please contact Jennifer Hubert, Deputy Director of Communications at Jennifer.Hubert@mass.gov, or register online at: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqf-2oqTojEt3wZQRwGMquHB6tJzYj5Wz0