- Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance
Media Contact for Real Estate Opportunity - Former Boston State Hospital Parcel
The site is bounded by American Legion Highway, Morton, Harvard, and Walk Hill Streets.
This Request for Proposals presents a unique redevelopment opportunity and offers private investors and developers a rare large redevelopment parcel in the City of Boston.
All proposal submission are due by September 13, 2019.
Development Opportunity Summary:
Prime Location: Development in the heart of Boston
Vacant Land: 10-acres
Surrounding Neighborhoods: Mattapan, Jamaica Plain, Roxbury, Dorchester, Roslindale and Hyde Park
Amenities: Franklin Park and Zoo, Franklin Park Golf Course, Arnold Arboretum, Massachusetts Audubon Boston Nature Center and Day Care
Schools: Boston District; Boston Latin Academy, Young Achievers Science and Math School, Tech Boston Academy, Boston Latin School, Brook Charter Elementary and High School
Hospitals: 20 minutes from Longwood Medical Area that includes New England’s Major Hospitals
Community Center: Lena Park Community Center
Transportation: Train: Orange Line and Commuter Rail Line
Adjacent Developments Completed:
- Olmsted Green: 41 units of Market Rate Housing
- Olmsted Green: 51 units of Affordable Rentals
- Mass Audubon Nature Center and Day Care
- MassBiologics Phase I Manufacturing Facility
Developments Under Construction:
- Olmsted Green: 100 units of Mixed-income Rental
- Gateway Community Center and Recreation Facility
Planned Developments in the Area:
- Olmsted Green: 80 units of Market Rate Housing