Related to:

News SNAP Replacement Benefits due to the Storm

Did you recently lose food due to a power outage from the recent storm? You may be eligible for replacement SNAP benefits.
  • Department of Transitional Assistance

You can report your food loss by calling the DTA Assistance Line at 877-382-2363 to speak to a case manager or by submitting a written statement. Send us the statement by:

  • Uploading it to DTA Connect
  • Faxing it to DTA's Document Processing Center
  • Mailing it to DTA's Document Processing Center
    P.O. Box 4406
    Taunton, MA. 02780-0420

Please note you must report this loss to DTA no later than April 2, 2018.  

To process your request, you will also need to complete the Request for Replacement SNAP Benefits Due to Household Disaster or Misfortune for Massachusetts Residents (SNAP-9B). English and Spanish translations are available below. You can also find the forms online at DTA Documents/Forms or request one from a case manager. Send the completed form back to us

Department of Transitional Assistance 

The Department of Transitional Assistance assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in eight residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits) and food assistance (SNAP benefits), as well as workforce training opportunities.


Tell us what you think