- Superior Court
The Massachusetts Superior Court announces a new Civil Action Cover Sheet, effective January 1, 2019. Please see all the highlighted changes. Notice, in particular, that there are new check boxes on the front page for the following:
- Is there a claim under G.L. c. 93A?
- Is this a class action under Mass. R. Civ. P. 23?
- This action includes a claim involving collection of a debt incurred pursuant to a revolving credit agreement. Mass. R. Civ. P. 8.1(a).
On the back you will notice three new action codes:
- Under CN Contract/Business Cases Types, you will find A05 Consumer Revolving Credit cases, pursuant to Mass. R. Civ. P. 8.1
- New Case type – RP Summary Process (Real Property), S01 Summary Process - Residential
- New Case type – RP Summary Process (Real Property), S02 Summary Process - Commercial/ Non-residential
Last, please see the following new descriptions for certain tort cases (under TR Torts) that are intended to ensure that you are choosing the most accurate action code for the case type you are commencing -- specifically, that you correctly distinguish between (1) medical malpractice actions, (2) non-medical malpractice actions, such as legal malpractice, and (3) wrongful death actions caused by something other than medical malpractice:
- B06 Malpractice – Medical
- B07 Malpractice – Other
- B08 Wrongful Death - Non-medical