- Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- The Healthy Living Center of Excellence
Training for family caregivers
Savvy Caregiver training is available for individuals caring for a family member or friend living with dementia. This training includes 6 sessions that cover a range of topics aimed at improving the lives of people living with dementia and those who care for them.
Technology for family caregivers
For a limited time, technology is available for family caregivers who care for a family member or friend living with dementia. Example technologies include:
- Portable digital music players with personalized playlists
- GPS and other tracking devices
- Electronic medication management systems (without required membership)
- Communication aids (such as telephone devices and electronic tablets)
- Video monitoring devices
- Electronic sensory devices (such as robotic pets)
- Counseling and support on the available technologies
Some restrictions apply. To learn more, contact a caregiver specialist at your regional agency or call 1 (844) 422-6277.