This page, 2018-02: Continuing Education credits for Postgraduate Pharmacy Academic Courses, is offered by
Policy Advisory 2018-02: Continuing Education credits for Postgraduate Pharmacy Academic Courses
Table of Contents
- The Massachusetts Board of Registration of Pharmacy (“Board”) offers continuing pharmacy education credits (CPE) for postgraduate academic courses in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy practice, or pharmacy law.
As outlined in 247 CMR 4.08, continuing education credit may be granted to licensed pharmacists who enroll in a postgraduate pharmacy curriculum, postgraduate pharmacy program, or Board-approved postgraduate medical program. The sponsor or co-sponsor must be an ACPE accredited provider of CPE or the course must be approved by the Board for CPE.
Credit may be obtained after satisfactory completion of courses in any of the following areas: pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy practice, or pharmacy law.
NOTE: Please review 247 CMR 4.00 and the Board’s Policy on Continuing Education Requirements to ensure that other mandatory requirements are met (i.e. 2 contact hours of law, 5 live contact hours, immunization, etc.).
- Applicants for continuing education contact hours must submit the following information:
- Course syllabus including objectives
- Delivery mode:
- Live class
- Home study
- If applicable, type of credit:
- Sterile compounding
- Complex non-sterile compounding
- On official school letterhead, a manually signed letter from the instructor of record verifying that the licensee has successfully completed the course and the date of completion
- Number of requested contact hours (note: 3 contact hours will be awarded for each academic credit)
- Any person(s) requesting continuing education contact hours for the above specified pharmacy-related academic courses must provide the above requested documents and submit any additional documentation as deemed necessary by Board staff. Applications require 30 days for review. If approved, a certificate of completion will be issued from the Board.
Please direct application documents and any questions to: RequestRxBOPCE@MassMail.State.MA.US