The Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General (MAGO) is pleased to announce a call for applications for the fifth annual Healthy Summer Youth Jobs grant opportunity. The Healthy Summer Youth Jobs program grants are funded by a healthcare-related settlement received by the MAGO. Healthy Summer Youth Jobs grants will fund jobs that benefit Massachusetts health care consumers and promote good health for youth by providing them with opportunities for health and wellness via health-focused employment.
Applicants may apply for grants to fund jobs for youth who participate in or provide health and wellness activities. In the grant application, applicants must identify how programs will benefit public health and Massachusetts health care consumers. Applicants may request to employ any number of youth at their discretion, while adhering to all applicable Massachusetts wage and hour laws. For the purposes of this grant, “youth” is considered a person age 21 and younger.
Types of activities include, but are not limited to:
- Programs that work to improve public health in low-income communities;
- Programs focused on advancing health-related environmental justice;
- Programs that promote health and wellness amongst youth and across low-income communities;
- Programs that develop health literacy for youth to improve disease prevention and self-management; and
- Programs designed to directly improve the management of chronic diseases for youth including but not limited to diabetes, asthma, and obesity.
- Proposals must be delivered electronically through the MAGO’s online grant application process by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Interested applicants may access the application here.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- There will be no applications accepted in any other format.
- New applicants will be asked to create a free online account. Any applicant that has applied for any grant using the online grant management system may log into its existing account.
- Once applicants have started an application, the application may be saved and returned to later.
- Confirmation of Receipt: Applicants typically receive an email confirmation within 48 business hours; if one is not received please call 617-963-2291 for further instructions and assistance.
Questions regarding this RFP may be submitted to AGOgrants@state.ma.us, only until 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019. When submitting your question(s), please include “Healthy Summer Youth Jobs 2019” in the email subject line. Questions received and answers provided regarding this RFP will be posted on this page.