The Working Group is chaired by the Secretary of Transportation, and consists of elected officials and staff of the three communities. These organizations make decisions by consensus and their recommendations will be advisory, not constituting final decisions on local or state policy, regulation, or funding. The overall Working Group has five membership organizations:
- The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC)
Other Participants of the Working Group are:
- Representatives from the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- The Attorney General’s Office of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission
- the Massachusetts Port Authority and the Wynn Everett Casino
- Congressman Capuano’s office
Visit lowermysticstudy.org for information on opportunities for the public to share input and engage with the study. We welcome and encourage your involvement and input throughout the study!