There are benefits for the following losses:
- Hands, feet, eyes
- Speech and/or hearing
- Thumb and index finger of the same hand
- Brain damage
- Added benefits for loss of life in a car accident while using an airbag or seatbelt
GIC Retired Municipal Teachers with Basic Life Insurance of $1,000 do not have Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits.
You are eligible for ADD benefits if you:
- Are an active employee
- Are a retired state employee
- Are a GIC Retired Municipal Teacher
- Have $2,000 or more Basic Life Only
Life and AD&D Insurance Booklets
For details about GIC life and AD&D benefits, see your life booklet. You should receive a life insurance booklet by mail when you enroll. If you cannot view the booklets and need another copy, contact the GIC.