Annual Charities Filings

Learn how to file a Form PC with the Non-Profit Organizations/Public Charities Division of the Attorney General's Office.

First Time Filing?

Register first! In order to obtain a valid certificate of solicitation, you must register. Registration forms and instructions are available here

Form PC

The Form PC is filed annually by all nonprofit charitable organizations conducting business in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You must review our instructions before filling out the Form PC and obtaining a valid certificate of solicitation. 

Forms can only be submitted in hard copy. They should be addressed to: 

Office of the Attorney General
Non-Profit Organizations/Public Charities Division
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108

Payment must be made using the Commonwealth of Massachusetts secure, web-based payment system found at:

Information on IRS Forms: 990-N Not Accepted

As outlined in the AGO’s Form PC Instructions, all charities with a Gross Support and Revenue of more than $5,000 must submit a federal form and/or probate account in order to meet their annual filing requirements.  We accept IRS Forms 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF, 1120 and 1041.  We do not accept IRS Form 990-N.  This means that charitable organizations completing the 990-N for the IRS must fill out and submit to the AGO the Form 990-EZ with their annual Form PC. 

Filing Deadlines

Annual charities filings are due four and a half months after the close of the charitable organization’s fiscal year.

In addition, charitable organizations that are registered and in compliance with annual reporting requirements of the Non-Profit Organizations/Public Charities Division will be granted an automatic 6-month extension.  A written request is not required.