Monday, June 1, 2020
Supreme Judicial Court June Sitting
- The Supreme Judicial Court will hear hear oral arguments at a June 3 sitting at 9 a.m. Oral arguments will be conducted by teleconference and the audio will be livestreamed here: https://boston.suffolk.edu/sjc/. See the calendar of cases that are scheduled to be heard, which contains links to the dockets in those cases.
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Trial Court Releases Informational Videos on How to Access Court Services During the Pandemic
- The Trial Court partnered with the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute and the Access to Justice Covid-19 Task Force to produce videos in English and Spanish that provide information on how people can access the court system while court buildings are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Superior Court and Land Court Post Updated FAQs
- The Superior Court and Land Court have posted updated frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Superior Court Issues Clerk of Court Policies on Filing
- See Clerk of Court Policies on Filing in the Superior Court (effective June 1, 2020).
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Letter from the Seven Justices of the Supreme Judicial Court to Members of the Judiciary and the Bar
- Today the Supreme Judicial Court Justices sent a letter to members of the Judiciary and the Bar on the critical role that the legal community can and should play in shaping a just, fair and peaceful society.
Supreme Judicial Court Issues Order, Effective June 8
- Supreme Judicial Court Order regarding transfer of certain single justice matters during the COVID-19 pandemic (issued June 3, 2020, effective June 8, 2020)
District Court and Juvenile Court Post Updated FAQs
- The District Court and Juvenile Court have posted updated frequently asked questions (FAQs) about court operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Judiciary Posts COVID-19 Video Resources
Click on the links below to watch videos on the following topics:
- Massachusetts courts are working during COVID-19
- Los tribunales en Massachusetts continúan trabajando durante la COVID-19
- Eviction moratorium in Massachusetts 2020
- Asking for a restraining order during the COVID pandemic
If you have questions or need help from the court, you can contact a Clerk's Office or Register's Office using the Courthouse Locator. You can also call the Trial Court Help Line by calling 833-91COURT (912-6878). The Help Line is staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Representatives from all seven Trial Court departments and the Massachusetts Probation Service are available on the Help Line. Users who call the Help Line are prompted to choose the department they want to reach and are then connected to a knowledgeable representative.
Probate and Family Court Posts Updated FAQs, Protocols for Court Operations
- Updated Probate & Family Court Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Updated protocols for court operations for all Probate & Family Court divisions
Superior Court Posts Updated FAQs in Spanish
- Preguntas frecuentes del Tribunal Superior en cuanto a la COVID-19
Friday, June 5, 2020
Information Helpful to Superior Court Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Superior Court today posted the following information: