This course is a minimum of 372.5 hours administered by regional police training organizations (listed below) at various locations throughout the Commonwealth. When carrying a weapon, an additional 20 hours of MPTC-certified firearms training is required.
Police Training Organizations
- Berkshire Law Enforcement Council
- Central Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association
- Hampden County Law Enforcement Training Center
- Massachusetts Law Enforcement Training Alliance, LLC
- New England Law Enforcement Training Center
- Northeast Regional Police Institute
- Plymouth County Police Chiefs Association
- Professional Officer of the Law, Institute of Certification & Education
- Quinsigamond Community College
- South Suburban Police Institute
- Southeastern Massachusetts Police Training Association
- Western Massachusetts Police Chiefs Association, Inc.