Attendees will learn about some of the tools needed to successfully conduct public board activity, oversee their organizations, and ensure public money is spent appropriately. Attendees will also learn how to identify and prevent fraud, waste and abuse and how to comply with key legal requirements applicable to public boards.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
August 17, 2022
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Tools for effective oversight
- Preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse
- Ethics requirements for members of boards and commissions
- Public Records Law
- Open Meeting Law