Charter schools are subject to certain state procurement laws, are exempt from others, and are always responsible for sound business practices and best value procurements. Efficient, effective and ethical contracting practices are essential for charter schools working to achieve their goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner. Charter School Procurement concludes with a written examination.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
Registration is closed
Registration closes 2 weeks before a class starts
Blackboard login details will be emailed to registrants
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Massachusetts procurement laws applicable to Massachusetts charter schools
- Recommended procurement practices
- Overview of legal requirements for public contracts
- Procuring supplies and services
- Buying, leasing, acquiring or disposing of real property
- Legal requirements and best practices for procuring construction services