On August 22, 2018, the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) the Final Concept Paper for its proposed Massachusetts Medicare-Medicaid Integration Demonstration: Duals Demonstration 2.0. MassHealth appreciates the feedback and participation in public discussions from stakeholders to develop and finalize the Concept Paper.
Final Concept Paper - Duals Demonstration 2.0
Additional Resources for
Draft Concept Paper
The proposed Demonstration would provide federal authorities and flexibilities for MassHealth’s integrated care programs for dual eligible members. MassHealth believes the proposed Duals Demonstration 2.0 would strengthen the One Care and Senior Care Options (SCO) programs in a manner that:
- Preserves the programmatic approach (including eligibility criteria, care delivery model, benefit structure, and care coordination model) of the existing One Care and SCO programs;
- Grows and sustains enrollment in One Care and SCO into the future;
- Provides a more seamless member experience by aligning Medicare and Medicaid administrative processes and unifying member communications;
- Strengthens the fiscal stability of the One Care program for both the Commonwealth and federal government; and
- Uses innovative approaches – including shared savings – to ensure fiscal accountability and sustainability for the Commonwealth and federal government.