- 2018 - Work will include repairs to the upper and lower decks, followed by paving the upper deck, repairs and resurfacing of both the Beacon Street off ramp and the Everett Avenue on ramp.
- 2019 - Work will include utility installation to prepare the future parking lot as well as upper and lower deck repair and paving. On Route 1 Northbound (lower deck), one lane will be closed throughout the construction season.
- 2020 - Repairs to the lower deck and paving will wrap up. Curbing and paving of the new parking lot will occur. On Route 1 Northbound (lower deck), one lane will be closed throughout the construction season.
MassDOT and its project team understand that construction staging and construction period traffic management are significant concerns for commuters. On Route 1 Northbound (lower deck), one lane will be closed throughout the 2019 & 2020 construction seasons. Lane closures on Route 1 Southbound (upper deck) will occur during off peak hours. During ramp work, crews will make every effort to keep closures to a minimum. The public will be informed in advance of all work impacting traffic.
Current Activities: December 28, 2018 – January 25, 2018
Work Hours: Most work will occur in the standard working hours of 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., with some work occurring 7:00 a.m. - 3 p.m., and 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. Work will be performed on Saturdays.
No work will take place on Tuesday, January 1 for the observation of New Year's Day.
On the lower deck, Route 1 Northbound, daily off-peak right lane closures will be used to install the gutter angle, the deflector plate and the safety walk plate.
Please pay attention to signage and markings and drive carefully through the work zone.
The following operations will take place throughout the period covered:
- Lower Deck right lane: installing the gutter angle and deflector plate, installing the safety walk plate
- Lower Deck main line: repairing the steel at the J joints
Week of January 6
- Lower Deck: installing steel joints