Attendees will learn about the legal requirements of Chapter 149A, the roles of major participants, sources of risk, and best practices for effectively managing CM-at-risk projects. Prior completion of Design and Construction Contracting is recommended, but not required.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Group-Live
- Advanced Prep: None
Class dates and locations:
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Class participants may earn 6 CPE credits or may qualify for 6 PDPs
$200 per participant
Topics covered include:
- Comparison of CM at-risk projects with design-bid-build projects
- The role of the construction manager on a CM at-risk project
- The procurement process, including the requirements for selecting an owner’s project manager and the two-phase selection process
- Contracting requirements
- Planning the CM at-risk project and monitoring the resulting contract