Attendees will learn about the legal requirements of Chapter 149A, the roles of major participants, sources of risk, and best practices for effectively managing CM-at-risk projects. Prior completion of Design and Construction Contracting is recommended, but not required.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Group-Live
- Advanced Prep: None
Class date and location:
November 12, 2019
Olde Colonial Café, 171 Nahatan Street, Norwood, MA 02062
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Class participants may earn 6 CPE credits or may qualify for 6 PDPs
$200 per participant
Topics covered include:
- Comparing CM at-risk projects with design-bid-build projects
- Reviewing the two-phase procurement processes for selecting the CM at-risk firm and trade contractors
- Examining the roles of the owner’s project manager, designer and CM at-risk firm
- Contracting and monitoring requirements for CM at-risk contracts