This CORE Program consists of eight (8) courses to be completed between December 2017 and June 2018. This new learning experience includes:
- A competency-based curriculum that is aligned with agency operations priorities. View Core Competency Matrix.
- A blended learning design including on-demand courses, microlearning segments, classroom learning and workplace assignments
- Assessments, coaching, and real-time feedback. More than theory, the curriculum integrates various forms of ‘practice’ – the key activity that promotes real skill development.
For additional information about specific courses and competencies, please see CORE Courses and CORE Master Competency Index documents below.
Additional Resources for
Learning Sessions will:
- Occur one day per month, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, not to exceed 7 hours total per course. Sessions will vary from in-class sessions to webinars to group assignments, etc. The learning session scheduled for each course will be announced following the close of the registration period .
- Be offered at locations across the Commonwealth, past locations have included Boston, Northeast, Southeast, Central and Western regions.
Program Costs, Application and Selection Process
CORE Management Program Costs
You agency's investment is $350 per person
CORE Management Program Application and Selection Process -
Applications due by 4:00 PM Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Step 1: Employee complete and submit online Participant Application to the Human Resources Division
Step 2: Employee forward link to online Appraising Manager (Direct Supervisor) Recommendation Form to Appraising Manager/Direct Supervisor (Note: link and directions embedded in application)
Step 3: Appraising Manager/Direct Supervisor complete and submit online Appraising Manager (Direct Supervisor) Recommendation Form to the Human Resources Division
Step 4: Agency leadership will review, approve and select applicants to represent their respective agency
HRD will send acceptance notifications to all applicants week of November 27, 2017. Appraising Manager/Direct Supervisors also will be notified.