The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) Virtual Gateway offers training for providers and outreach workers that need to understand and use the Virtual Gateway EIM/ESM application to manage their client admission, eligibility and enrollment programs. Please review the Prerequisite Checklist and Course Overview below before enrolling in a course.
Prerequisite Checklist and Course Overview
- Legal agreements for your organization must be completed at time of training. If you are unsure if your organization has all of the required legal agreements in place, please contact the Virtual Gateway Customer Service: 1‑800‑421‑0938.
To access/complete legal agreements:
- Access the Virtual Gateway page by going to: www.mass.gov/vg/eimesm.
- Select the Accessing EIM-ESM link
- If a new user, select New Virtual Gateway Users link.
- If an existing user, select Existing Virtual Gateway Users link.
- Read through the instructions and information.
- Download and complete the Virtual Gateway Service Agreement –Form A (for new Virtual Gateway organizations).
- Download and complete the Access Administrator Form – Form B (for new Virtual Gateway organizations).
- Download and complete the EIM/ESM Rider – Form C.
- Download and complete the Organization Management Template – Form D.
- Mail (do not email or fax) the signed originals of the 4 forms to the address indicated on the Virtual Gateway Service Agreement (please retain a copy for your records).
- Your organization’s Virtual Gateway Access Administrator (AA) must send the completed EIM/ESM User Request Form (URF) to the address indicated on the form (upper right hand corner). Please note that this form must be emailed from the AA’s email account. Instructions and role definitions are included on the form. See the first tab of the form and the upper right hand corner of the form itself - second tab.
For assistance with EIM/ESM paperwork, contact the Department of Public Health EEMO at 1-800-232-0093.
Participants will learn how to enter and manage client data in ESM through the admissions (intake), eligibility, and enrollment process.
This course is designed for hospitals, community health centers and other providers and outreach workers who currently work with client admissions (intake), eligibility, and enrollment.
The following DPH Programs are currently available through EIM/ESM:
- Batterers Intervention Program (BIP)
- BSAS Recovery Support Center (RSC)
- Bureau of Substance Abuse (BSAS)
- Growth and Nutrition Program (GNP)
- Pediatric Palliative Care Network (PPCN)
This full-day, instructor-led course provides hands-on training at one of several conveniently located training sites throughout the Commonwealth.
- EIM/ESM Overview
- Business Process Flow
- Managing Existing Client Data
- Review Tricky Areas
To register for training:
- Review Prerequisite Checklist below
- Logon to PACE (www.pace.state.ma.us/vg) to register for training session.
You will immediately receive a confirmation email of your registration.
If you any have questions, please contact:
Sandrene Odom, Training Registrar
EOHHS IT Virtual Gateway Operations