Former Boston State Hospital Parcel
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, through its Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance presents a redevelopment opportunity to acquire 10 acres (vacant land), five miles southwest of downtown Boston.
The site is bounded by American Legion Highway, Morton, Harvard, and Walk Hill Streets.
This Request for Proposals presents a unique redevelopment opportunity and offers private investors and developers a rare large redevelopment parcel in the City of Boston.
All proposal submission are due by September 13, 2019.
Development Opportunity Summary:
Prime Location: Development in the heart of Boston
Vacant Land: 10-acres
Surrounding Neighborhoods: Mattapan, Jamaica Plain, Roxbury, Dorchester, Roslindale and Hyde Park
Amenities: Franklin Park and Zoo, Franklin Park Golf Course, Arnold Arboretum, Massachusetts Audubon Boston Nature Center and Day Care
Schools: Boston District; Boston Latin Academy, Young Achievers Science and Math School, Tech Boston Academy, Boston Latin School, Brook Charter Elementary and High School
Hospitals: 20 minutes from Longwood Medical Area that includes New England’s Major Hospitals
Community Center: Lena Park Community Center
Transportation: Train: Orange Line and Commuter Rail Line
Adjacent Developments Completed:
- Olmsted Green: 41 units of Market Rate Housing
- Olmsted Green: 51 units of Affordable Rentals
- Mass Audubon Nature Center and Day Care
- MassBiologics Phase I Manufacturing Facility
Developments Under Construction:
- Olmsted Green: 100 units of Mixed-income Rental
- Gateway Community Center and Recreation Facility
Planned Developments in the Area:
- Olmsted Green: 80 units of Market Rate Housing
Former Salem Superior Courthouse
The Salem Redevelopment Authority is accepting responses for developer qualifications for eventual sale and redevelopment of the Commonwealth’s historic former Salem Superior Courthouse located in the heart of downtown Salem, Massachusetts.
Interested parties are encouraged to visit www.salem.com/bids for further information and updates.
Former New Bedford Armory
The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) is accepting proposals for the sale and redevelopment of the former New Bedford Armory. This Request for Proposals presents a unique opportunity for private investment in the culturally vibrant and emergent city of New Bedford, MA.
All proposals submissions are due by April 16, 2019.
- Located at 989 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA
- Historic gothic revival-style circa 1904 three-story stone and brick building, large open space drill hall, and two vehicle maintenance garages
- Land Area: 1.29± acres
- 34,833± GSF
- Zoned residential
- Interstate 195 (4 mi)
- Whale's Tooth Commuter Rail Station (in development)
- Opportunity zone