Former New Bedford Armory
The Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) is accepting proposals for the sale and redevelopment of the former New Bedford Armory. This Request for Proposals presents a unique opportunity for private investment in the culturally vibrant and emergent city of New Bedford, MA.
All proposals submissions are due by April 16, 2019.
- Located at 989 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA
- Historic gothic revival-style circa 1904 three-story stone and brick building, large open space drill hall, and two vehicle maintenance garages
- Land Area: 1.29± acres
- 34,833± GSF
- Zoned residential
- Interstate 195 (4 mi)
- Whale's Tooth Commuter Rail Station (in development)
- Opportunity zone
Monson Development Center
The Commonwealth is currently offering 256 acres of the former Monson Development Center for redevelopment. Through its Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance, proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis through December 31, 2018.
Proponents are encouraged to submit creative reuse concepts for all, or a portion, of the campus.
- Located in northern Monson, adjacent to downtown Palmer
- Municipal support for mixed-use development
- Abuts hundreds of acres of public open space
- Interstate 90 exit two miles from campus
- Robust municipal utility capacity
- Exceptional hilltop views