Amending a grant
If you received a grant from the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) for Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19), and want to change the budget, you must first submit a budget amendment request to EEC if you plan to increase or decrease any line item by more than 10%.
You must submit a Budget Amendment request to EEC at least 30 days before the proposed change and/or no later than April 30, 2019 for final budget amendments. Amendments received after April 30, 2019 will not be accepted.
- You may not implement proposed changes until your Budget Amendment has been fiscally and programmatically approved.
- You may only amend your budgets up to two times per year.
- Any changes to grant budgets must continue to adhere to the administration cost cap (no more than 10%).
- You must adhere to amendment guidelines and Budget Amendment Instructions for your specified grant program.
- Proposed Programmatic changes: A Budget Amendment must be filed if the justification for programming and implementation of the grant will change significantly, even if there is no funding change on the line items.
- Please note: Please select the subcontractor budget amendment and click save, even if you are not amending any subcontractor budgets. The total cost of the amendment must equal the lead agency budget + the subcontractor(s) budgets.
- The total cost of the amendment must equal the lead agency budget + the subcontractor(s) budgets.
Access FY 2019 Budget Amendment online application
Your FY 2019 Budget Amendment is located within your FY 2019 online application, use your username (if applicable) and password to login to specific online grant application:
- CFCE: FY 2019 CFCE Online Application
- Educator and Provider Support: FY 19 EPS Online Application
- Head Start: FY 19 Head Start Online Application
- Inclusive Preschool: FY 19 IPLE Online Application
- Mental Health: FY 19 ECMHC Online Application
- UPK: FY 2019 UPK Online Application
Complete a budget amendment
- Click the Budget Amendment button and complete the lead agency budget.
- Please select the subcontractor budget amendment and click “SAVE”, even if you are not amending any subcontractor budgets.
- You must click the "SUBMIT” in order for your Budget Amendment to be submitted to EEC. Once you click the submit button, there will be a "Submission date" and "time" at the top of each page.
- Please email EECSubmission@mass.gov to notify us of your budget amendment.
You can read FY 2019 Budget Amendment Instructions with screenshots to walk you through the budget amendment process.
The Budget Amendment will be reviewed programmatically by the assigned Policy Analyst in tandem with Grants Administration for approval of fiscal revisions. The approval will not occur until both have reviewed the requested changes.
Please do not send any hard copies of your budget amendment until your electronic version has been approved by EEC.