- 4/2/20 (11:00am – 12:00pm) A brief informational webinar will be held. Click here to view the recorded webinar.
- 4/30/20 Deadline for submission of:
- March expenditure reports
- Performance Measurement (PMT) Report
NOTE: VOCA and SAFEPLAN PMT Reporting: For sub-recipients unable to meet original due dates, MOVA is allowing delayed submission of up to 60 days for reports due. Submission of late reports will require your Grant Manager’s approval. Please note that currently, due dates for reports for the remaining fiscal year are unchanged.
- 5/31/20 - Deadline for submission of April expenditure reports.
Emergency Funding to Support Victim Services
Via an emergency procurement (MGL Chapter 30B, Section 8), MOVA anticipates awarding in excess of $4,000,000.00 in VOCA funds which will support all currently funded VOCA and SAFEPLAN agencies as they navigate the impacts of COVID-19 in providing victim services, along with making emergency supports accessible to clients; and intends to award up to $600,000.00 in VOCA funds to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) which will support funding for non-VOCA funded victim services agencies.
Eligible currently funded VOCA and SAFEPLAN funded entities will be able to request up to $50,000.00 per agency. If an agency determines they have an extenuating need for funding beyond $50,000.00, they are to contact Kristin Potrikus, Senior Grants Manager, by April 3, 2020 at Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org. Contracts/ISAs are anticipated to be in excess of $4,000,000.00 for the duration of April 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021. MOVA reserves the right to award additional funds to support the emergency need, if funding is available.
DPH will be eligible to request up to $600,000.00. The ISA is anticipated to be up to $600,000.00 for the duration of April 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021. MOVA reserves the right to award additional funds to support the emergency need, if funding is available.
The following costs may be requested:
- Agency temporary personnel costs to address direct victim services staffing gaps, including:
- Temporary staffing to support direct victim service needs impacted by COVID-19;
- Overtime costs;
- Hazard pay;
- Incentive pay or bonuses for currently funded staff or temporary staff;
- Agency support costs necessary for telework including, but not limited to:
- Technology support for personnel;
- Reimbursements to personnel for use of personal technology at home;
- Technology which would allow staff to provide services virtually/remotely;
- Client assistance:
- Emergency rental and utility assistance costs;
- Pre-paid gift cards for clothing, food or grocery;
- Emergency shelter for victims;
- Emergency relocation and storage costs for victims;
- Victim emergency basic need items;
- Childcare or respite care when such needs present a barrier to the funded agency providing services;
- Transportation for clients in the event of an emergency
We remind all potential sub-recipients of this funding to review MOVA’s VOCA Policies and Procedures Manual. Federal funds must be used to supplement and not to supplant state funds that have been appropriated for the same purpose. Therefore, awarded funds cannot be used to supplant - or replace - existing state funds already allocated for the same purpose.
Grant funds should not be used to purchase items or services that would otherwise be purchased with the sub recipient’s own funds for this project. Expenditure of funds for the acquisition of new equipment or services, when equipment and/or personnel required for the successful execution of projects are already available, or budgeted for within the sub recipient organization, will be considered supplanting and will be disallowed.
In order to request access to these emergency funds, an agency should submit to email@example.com by Wednesday April 8, 2020:
- A FY20 (April 1, 2020-June 30, 2020)/FY21 (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021) funding request form (available below)
- A match waiver may be requested
- A brief narrative which outlines the costs being requested, along with the reasons for the costs being requested.
If you have questions regarding the funding availability, submit in writing to Kristen Tavano, Senior Grants Procurement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Thursday April 2, 2020.
A brief informational webinar was held on Thursday April 2, 2020 from 11:00am – 12:00pm.
Funding Request Forms:
Responses to all questions asked during the webinar can be found here:
Forms & References*
Policies and Procedures Manuals (for all programs; updated May 2019):
- VOCA Policies and Procedures
- SAFEPLAN Policies & Procedures
- DDTF PET Provisional Policies and Procedures
VOCA Budgetary Forms:
- COVID 19 Guidance:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP) Instructions
- OVC/PMT Step by Step Guide
VOCA Award Special Conditions:
- 2015-VA-GX-0034 Special Conditions
- 2016-VA-GX-0031 Special Conditions
- 2017-VA-GX-0021 Special Conditions
- 2018-V2-GX-0064 Special Conditions
General Forms (for all programs):
- 30-60-90 Day Update
- Contract Authorized Signatory Form
- Court Coverage Agreement (SAFEPLAN Only)
- Out of State Training Request Form
- Programmatic Change Form
- PMT Data Tracking Sheet
- Subcontract Request and Certification Form
*Please contact your grants manager if you are having issues with opening PDFs or are unable to locate any forms or references on this page.