FRAMINGHAM RETIREMENT BOARD
POSITION: Retirement Services Coordinator
SALARY: Commensurate with experience Range ($53,627 - $69,372) M-5
To assist the Retirement System in the operations of the Retirement Office. The Retirement Services Coordinator will assist in the administration and operation of the Retirement System in compliance with the provisions of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 32, §§ 1–102, State Regulations, and Board Policy. Provide excellent customer service. Reports to Executive Director.
(All performed in compliance with MGL Chapter 32 and PERAC regulations)
- Compute and process refunds and transfers of member accounts including calculating the taxable portion in accordance with IRS directives and prepares and issues proper tax forms for same.
- Compute, process and track, purchases of service. (Buybacks and Makeups).
- Compute, process and record all transfers in from other Retirement Systems.
- Responsible for complete processing of disability claims from initial Board review through the preparation of findings of Board actions. Enters disability information into PERAC’s PROSPER software. Interacts with PERAC Disability Unit and member’s legal counsel.
- Prepare monthly payment vouchers and warrants Process and track monthly disbursements
- Correspond with various Retirement Systems, as needed
- Prepare Agenda for Board meetings and assist with minutes as needed
- Assists in maintaining PTG software applications for Members, Retirees & Accounting.
- Assist Assistant Director as needed.
- Assist retirees in submitting information to Social Security
- Counsels active members and retirees of their rights under MGL Chapter 32 and PERAC regulations.
- Possess the ability to develop a perspective and understanding of the responsibilities of the system as a whole as well as the tasks immediately at hand. Contribute ideas and or man power when needed. Ability to participate in open communication. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize
- Attends workshops, training seminars, and conferences to acquire increasing knowledge of retirement issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a business or related field, 3-5 years of relative experience in Public Retirement Administration; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skill:
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of MGL Chapter 32 and PERAC regulations. Must possess strong computer skills with experience on PTG software and PROSPER. Strong mathematical, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
Ability: Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to lead and direct the work of others. Must be accurate, thorough, and well organized in working with detailed information; takes initiative to assure timely compliance with deadlines and the resolution of pending matters. Ability to maintain tact and discretion in challenging situations and interactions with employees. Ability to maintain confidential information and to respond quickly to unexpected project with short deadlines or changes in important procedures.
Skill: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills; demonstrates a highly proficient use of computers, office automation, and other department specific computer applications, skill in all of the above listed technologies.
Interested persons should send resume to:
Laurie A. Lizak, Executive Director
Framingham Retirement Board
150 Concord St. Room B31
Framingham, MA 01702
Deadline: December 20, 2017
The Framingham Retirement Board is an AA/EO employer.