The Office of Economic Empowerment provides free financial education workshops geared towards senior citizens designed to inform older adults about ways to prevent financial exploitation and effectively manage their personal finances.
These sessions focus on fraud and scam prevention, banking, credit, saving money, financial recovery, and more. Trained volunteer financial educators present the FDIC's Money Smart for Older Adults curriculum to seniors.
- Recognize and reduce the risk of elder financial exploitation
- Guard against identity theft
- Plan for possible loss of your ability to manage your finances
- Prepare financially for disasters
- Find other helpful resources for managing your money and reporting financial