Do not use the online system if any of the following apply:
- Emergency or urgent situations that require immediate attention from Protective Services as it may take more than 24 hours to process online reports.
- You want to report anonymously, as filing online requires you submit your name.
- You do not have the name and address of the victim. The online reporting system will not allow you to file such reports.
If any of these situations apply you must make a verbal report to the Massachusetts Elder Abuse Hotline at (800) 922-2275.
Additional filing instructions:
- If you file online you DO NOT need to make a verbal report over the phone.
- If you are a mandated reporter and file online you DO NOT need to fax a written report to the local protective service agency.
- Online reports will be treated the same as verbal reports over the phone and referred to the local Protective Service agency.