Under G.L. c.208 (more specifically, G.L. c.208, Section 1A )
File with this form
The following must be filed with this petition:
- Certified copy of civil marriage certificate.
- R-408 - Certificate of Absolute Divorce or Annulment Statistical Information form. (See G.L. c.208, Section 6B ) Please complete items #1 through #10B. Please type or write neatly. Do not leave fields blank. If the field cannot be completed (e.g. number of prior marriages is unknown), place dashes ("---") in the field to indicate it is deliberately left blank.
- Affidavit of Care and Custody if parties have children together (form available at the courthouse).
- Notarized Separation Agreement.
- Affidavit of Irretrievable Breakdown form, see also, Affidavit for Irretrievable Breakdown instructions
See the Probate and Family Court filing fees for applicable filing fees.
View this financial statements page for additional information, including the financial statement (short form) and instructions, and the financial statement (long form) and instructions.
Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
To be used if support for child(ren) is requested.
Additional Resources for
All parties to a divorce action in which there is/are minor child(ren) are required to attend and participate in an approved Parent Education Program unless requirement waived by the court. See Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-16.
An automatic restraining order applies to both parties in a complaint for divorce. It prohibits either party from engaging in any action which changes the present financial status of the parties. See Supplemental Probate Court Rule 411.