The Office of Economic Empowerment (OEE) is a department within the Office of the Treasurer and Receiver General of Massachusetts tasked with supporting, advocating, and facilitating policies that empower all Massachusetts residents. Its priorities include closing the race and gender wage gap, racial equity, increasing access to financial education, improving college affordability, and investing in STEM careers and education. Learn more about internship opportunities with OEE here.
The Office of Economic Empowerment’s interns are tasked with supporting OEE staff with the department’s overall mission, communications, and administrative needs. Applicants should be detail-oriented, have strong writing skills, and be familiar with OEE’s initiatives.
OEE’s internship program requires interns to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week for 10 weeks. OEE provides a learning experience for interns and invites them to observe meetings with partners, participate in conference calls and attend relevant conferences. Interns are assigned one to two long-term substantive projects.
Applicants interested in this position are asked to include 1 relevant writing sample with their application.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking research projects and literature reviews for OEE program development
- Drafting content for OEE releases, announcements, outreach materials, OEE social media accounts, and website
- Compiling and assisting with outreach for OEE programs
- Analyze data and summarize findings
- Assisting with and participating in OEE events as needed
- Providing general administrative support to the OEE staff as needed
Candidates should be/have:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably in political science, public affairs, social work, public policy, or a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Online
How to Apply
To apply for this internship program, please visit our Internships and Fellowships page.