The DUA Debit MasterCard® is a safe and secure method of receiving your Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. You will receive benefits via the debit card unless you sign up for direct deposit to a checking or savings account. Keep in mind your first benefit payment will always be a paper check. For security purposes, your debit card will be mailed to the address you have on file in an unmarked envelope.
MasterCard is a registered trade mark of MasterCard International Incorporated. These prepaid debit cards are issued by Bank of America, North America, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated.
Please read carefully the following message regarding fees and other important disclosures. The Bank of America Debit Card has no monthly fees, per purchase fees, ATM in network fees, account balance inquiry fees, or charges to call customer service. Debit Cards are subject to an 85 cent per transaction fee for out of network ATM transactions, a $10 overnight card replacement fee, and international transactions have a 3% fee of the US transaction amount. The Massachusetts DUA Debit MasterCard is issued by Bank of America. There is no fee to purchase or activate this card.
What you can do with your DUA Debit MasterCard®
With the DUA debit card, you can:
- Get quicker access to your benefits
- Avoid overdraft fees
- Pay for items everywhere that MasterCard® debit cards are accepted at no charge, including:
- In stores
- By phone
- Get cash and check your balance at any Bank of America or Allpoint ATM at no charge Charges may apply if you don’t access your money at one of these ATM locations.
- Get cash back with your purchases at many grocery and convenience stores at no charge
Additional Resources for
Using your DUA Debit MasterCard®
After you receive your DUA Debit MasterCard®, you must activate it immediately by doing the following:
- Visit the online activation page. Your initial username for online activation is the last 6 digits of your DUA debit card number.
- When prompted, create a 4 digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) to use at ATMs
- Sign the back of your card as soon as you activate it
- Your debit card is valid for 3 years after activation. Keep it in a secure location even after you stop claiming benefits. If you need to reopen or file a new claim, your benefits will be deposited on the same card.
Bank of America customer service
Bank of America provides 24/7 customer service for any questions about your DUA debit card. To contact customer service, select one of the methods below:
- Visit Bank of America online
- Contact by phone at 1 (855) 898-7292
- TTY: 1 (866) 656-5913
- Outside U.S. (collect): 1 (423) 262-1650
If your card is lost or stolen, call Bank of American customer service immediately.