Who should apply?
MassDEP offers internships for people interested in working in the environmental field. Internships exist for undergraduate, graduate and law school students. Other individuals seeking experience with MassDEP may also be eligible to apply.
About MassDEP internships
Current internship positions are unpaid. We hope to offer paid internships in the future. MassDEP helps students get academic credit for the internship from their respective schools.
Internships take place in supervised settings in MassDEP's bureaus, departments and regional offices. Interns may have the opportunity attend statewide conferences, trainings, and/or workshops.
The internship program hosts events to connect interns with their peers. Facebook and LinkedIn keep interns connected during and after their time at MassDEP.
MassDEP bureaus and offices
Internship opportunities exist across MassDEP's different bureaus and regional offices.
MassDEP Bureaus in Boston
- Bureau of Water Resources
- Bureau of Air & Waste
- Bureau of Policy & Planning
- Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
- Bureau of Administrative Services (including Office of Diversity)
- Office of Research & Standards
- Office of General Counsel
MassDEP Regional Offices
- Northeast Region-Wilmington
- Southeast Region-Lakeville
- Western Region-Springfield
- Central Region-Worcester
- Wall Experiment Station-Lawrence
Contact the MassDEP intern program
For more information contact