Summary of Grant Program
Free SNAP processing equipment provided by Novo Dia Group is available to direct-marketing farms and farmers’ markets through DTA, in collaboration with MDAR and with financial support from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Eligibility is limited to applicants who do not currently have working equipment that was received through previous federal grants. Equipment does not process credit/debit.
The SNAP equipment grant application is open from April 20 to September 23, 2022, or earlier if funds run out. Apply here.
Farmers and farmers’ markets eligible for the EBT/SNAP Equipment Grant:
- Category 1: SNAP authorized direct marketing farmers or farmers’ markets who have not previously received SNAP processing equipment paid for with federal funding; OR
- Category 2: SNAP authorized direct marketing farmers or farmers’ markets who previously received SNAP processing equipment paid for with federal funding whose hardware is no longer operable.
Eligible Equipment Details
Eligible farmers and farmers’ markets in Category 1 may receive one complete equipment package including the following components at no cost:
- Apple Care +
- Bluetooth receipt printer with built in card reader
- 2-year Verizon Data Plan - 1GB/month
- 2-year TotilPay Go Subscription
- One on One Tele-training session
- FedEx 2-day shipping
Eligible farms and farmers' markets in Category 2 may receive replacement hardware components at no cost:
- Wi Fi w/cellular iPad
- Wi-Fi only iPad
- BBPOS Chipper 2 BT Mag Stripe and EMV card reader
- Woosim P240 Receipt Printer w/ card reader
Novo Dia Group will provide customer service and troubleshooting.
Merchants are responsible for the following fees, if incurred:
Data usage beyond 1 GB allotment: $18/GB
Returned Item fee (Bank account incorrect, insufficient funds, closed account, etc.): $25/item
- Farms and farmers’ markets receiving equipment through this grant program agree to maintain active SNAP authorization for the duration of the grant, or otherwise notify DTA.
- Farms and farmers’ markets must process SNAP transactions within one year of receipt of equipment and agree to use the equipment to process SNAP (or SNAP/HIP) only (no credit/debit processing).
- Usage of the equipment to process credit/debit transactions will result in forfeiting the remainder of the service coverage period.
This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.