Goals of the HSSCOs
The MA HSSCO works collaboratively with the MA Head Start Association (MHSA) to enhance partnerships and mutually-developed agendas for the MHSA meetings and the HSSCO Advisory meetings. The MA HSSCO also has three regional priority areas that include: Early Childhood Mental Health, Children and Families experiencing homelessness, and the Opioid epidemic.Goals of HSSCOs include:
- Partnering with state child care systems, emphasizing the Early Head Start-Child Care (EHS-CC) Partnership Initiative
- Working with states efforts to collect data regarding early childhood programs and child outcomes
- Supporting the expansion and access of high-quality workforce and career development opportunities for staff
- Collaborating with State Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS)
- Working with state school systems to ensure continuity between Head Start and Kindergarten.
Contact the MA HSSCO
The MA HSSCO is located at the MA Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and is supported by the MA HSSCO Advisory that meets four times a year and includes Head Start staff, as well as representatives from state agencies, organizations that work with low-income families, the Region I Office of Head Start and the Head Start Training and Technical assistance network.
Contact the MA HSSCO:
Carol Nolan, MA HSSCO Director