- Health and Racial Equity: Promote health and racial equity across all MCH domains by addressing racial justice and reducing disparities.
- Preventive Care: Promote equitable access to preventive health care including sexual and reproductive health services.
- Substance Use: Address substance use among women of reproductive age to improve individual and family functioning.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Improve environments, systems, and policies to promote healthy weight, nutrition, and active living.
- Violence & Injury: Promote safe, stable, nurturing environments to reduce violence and the risk of injury.
- Environmental Health: Reduce the impact and burden of environmental contaminants on children and their families.
- Medical Home: Increase connections to Medical Home for all children, including those with special health needs.
- Transitions: Support effective health-related transition to adulthood for adolescents with special health care needs.
- Oral Health: Promote equitable access to dental care and preventive measures for pregnant women and children.
- Emotional wellness & social connectedness: Promote emotional wellness and social connectedness across the lifespan.
Massachusetts State Priorities 2015-2020
Primary areas of focus under the Title V Maternal and Child Health Block Grant in Massachusetts