New MCPPO policy
Due to the limited number of seats available for each class, registrants must send a notice of non-attendance to the MA-IGO-Training@mass.gov at least two days (48 hours) before the start of a class to receive a refund, request a one-time transfer to another class or send another attendee in their place. This allows the Office to give other registrants an opportunity to attend the class when a seat becomes available due to non-attendance.
Registrants will no longer be charged a $100.00 fee for non-attendance. The Office will no longer “carry” payment credits for registrants to use at a later date. Refunds will not be made for failure to comply with this attendance policy.
- Notice: If you cannot attend a class, you must notify the MCPPO Program of non-attendance via email to MA-IGO-Training@mass.gov at least two days (48 hours) before the start of the class. Provided you give notice at least two days in advance, you have three options: (a) receive a full refund; (b) transfer to another class; or (c) transfer your registration to another person.
If notice is not given at least two days (48 hours) before the start of class, no refund, transfer or alternate attendee will be granted.
- Refund: With this option, you will receive a full refund. Please indicate in your notice of non-attendance that you would like a refund.
- Transfer to another comparable class: With this option, you may transfer to another scheduled class of the same cost (if it is not at maximum capacity) one time within the same fiscal year. If the transfer request cannot be accommodated, then a full refund will be issued.
Note: If you cannot attend the class you transferred to, then you will receive a full refund if you provide written notice via email to MA-IGO-Training@mass.gov at least two days(48 hours) before the start of the class.
- Transfer to alternate attendee: With this option, you may designate another individual in your jurisdiction to attend in your place. If, after the transfer, the alternate attendee cannot attend the class, then you will receive a full refund provided you notify the MCPPO Program of non-attendance via email to MA-IGO-Training@mass.gov at least two days (48 hours) before the start of the class. No additional transfers will be allowed. If notice of non-attendance is not given at least two days (48 hours) before the class, no refund will be granted.
- Attendance: You must attend all scheduled class dates, and may not miss more than 60 minutes of class time to receive a certificate of attendance and, if applicable, qualify to sit for an exam.
- Requests for refunds made by registrants receiving tuition funds from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, including cancellations, withdrawals or terminations, may be made in writing to MA-IGO-Training@state.ma.us or by way of U.S. mail and are subject to the separate MCPPO Program Refund Policy related to students funded by the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) - GI Bill Assistance Program.