MVP Planning Grants are currently CLOSED.
The MVP Planning Grant offers funding to municipalities that wish to assess their vulnerability to and prepare for climate change impacts, build community resilience, and receive designation from the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) as a Climate Change Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program municipality.
Responses to the RFR for communities may be submitted by any Massachusetts municipality or groups of municipalities. Municipalities with no current local Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP), or those with plans expiring soon are eligible for additional funding to complete an integrated MVP/HMP process that results in one plan that satisfies requirements of both programs and is ready for MEMA review.
All projects are required to provide quarterly reporting as well as a Final MVP Summary of Findings Report. An in-kind staff time match is required. All proposals must provide the following:
- Signed letter of support from top municipal official
- Statement of commitment
- Name and qualifications of municipal project lead
- Letters of support from key municipal/community partners
- Description of how municipality will use results to inform other planning efforts
- Description of status of Hazard Mitigation planning
- Description of need to address climate change
- Indication of presence of Environmental Justice or other Climate Vulnerable Populations and description of how these populations will be involved in the planning process.
- Details on any request for expanded scope funds (and accompanied by a completed scope and budget template attached to RFR)
- MVP Toolkit: Virtual and Remote Engagement
- MVP Webinar Recording- FY21 Funding Round
- MVP Webinar Slides- FY21 Funding Round
- MVP Planning Grant Municipal Training Slides January 2020
- MVP Planning Grant Municipal Training Grant Webinar Recording January 2020
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program Planning Reports
- Climate Change Clearinghouse (resilientMA.org)
- MVP Best Practices Webinars
- Quarterly progress report template
- Yearly progress report template