MVP Planning Grants are currently OPEN. FY22 Request for Responses (RFR) available via COMMBUYS here. Planning Grant applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on June 4, 2021 (via email, see RFR for details) for MVP planning processes that must be complete by June 30, 2022.
The MVP Planning Grant offers funding to municipalities that wish to assess their vulnerability to and prepare for climate change impacts, build community resilience, and receive designation from the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) as an MVP Community. MVP Communities are eligible for MVP Action Grant funding to implement the priority actions identified through the planning process.
Responses to the RFR may be submitted by any Massachusetts municipality or group of municipalities. Municipalities with no current local Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP), or those with plans expiring soon may be eligible for additional funding to complete an integrated MVP/HMP process that results in a plan that satisfies requirements of both programs and is ready for MEMA review.
All projects are required to provide quarterly reporting as well as a Final MVP Summary of Findings Report. An in-kind time match is required from municipal staff or volunteers. All proposals must provide the following:
- Signed letter of support from top municipal official
- Statement of commitment
- Name and qualifications of municipal project lead
- Letters of support from key municipal/community partners
- Description of how municipality will use results to inform other planning efforts
- Description of status of Hazard Mitigation planning
- Description of need to address climate change
- Indication of presence of Environmental Justice or other Climate Vulnerable Populations and description of how these populations will be involved in the planning process
- Details on any request for expanded scope funds (and accompanied by a completed scope and budget template attached to RFR)
- MVP Planning Grant Municipal Training Slides January 2020
- MVP Planning Grant Municipal Training Grant Webinar Recording January 2020
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program Planning Reports
- MVP Approved Vendors - Updated January 2021
- Climate Change Clearinghouse (resilientMA.org)
- MVP Planning Grant Quarterly Report Template
- MVP Yearly Progress Report Template