The MVP Planning Grant offers funding to municipalities that wish to assess their vulnerability to and prepare for climate change impacts, build community resilience, and receive designation from the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) as a Climate Change Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) program municipality.
Responses to the RFR for communities may be submitted by any Massachusetts municipality or groups of municipalities. Municipalities with no current local hazard mitigation plan (HMP), or those with plans expiring in 2019 or 2020 are eligible for additional funding to complete or update a full draft of the HMP for MEMA review.
All projects are required to provide quarterly reporting as well as a Final Report. An in-kind staff time match is required. All proposals must provide the following:
- A signed letter of support from the chair of the board of selectmen, mayor, a town administrator, or similar city or town official
- A short statement of the community’s commitment to taking on this grant and planning for the impacts of climate change in the city or town
- The name of a qualified employee of the municipality, committee member or volunteer who can serve as the local project manager and point of contact for the grant
- A summary of community support and any project partners and letters of support from all relevant local boards, departments, commissions, businesses, organizations and other partners
- A description of any ongoing planning efforts such as local hazard mitigation plans, open space plans, master plans, etc.
- A description of the community’s need to address climate change, expected impacts, and any ongoing climate-change related projects within the community or region
- If the community wishes to expand the scope of the planning grant, a description of the additional work you intend to complete is required.
The Requests for Responses will be posted as available at https://www.commbuys.com/bso/external/bidDetail.sdo?bidId=BD-19-1042-ENV-ENV01-34410&parentUrl=activeBids.