The Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness grant program (MVP) provides support for cities and towns in Massachusetts to begin the process of planning for climate change resiliency and implementing priority projects. The state awards communities with funding to complete vulnerability assessments and develop action-oriented resiliency plans. Communities who complete the MVP program become certified as an MVP community and are eligible for MVP Action grant funding and other opportunities.
The program helps communities to:
- Define climate related hazards
- Understand how they may be impacted by climate change utilizing the latest science and data at http://www.resilientma.org/
- Identify existing and future climate vulnerabilities and strengths
- Identify opportunities to take action to reduce risk and build resilience
- Implement priority actions identified through the planning process
Current Funding Status
- No events/trainings currently scheduled.