Spot the Scam:
You've been specially selected for an offer
You'll get a free bonus if you buy the product
You've won a prize or the lottery
- You have to make up your mind right away or the offer expires
Stop the Scam:
- Do not give out your credit card information to someone calling over the phone.
- Sign up for the state “Do Not Call” registry as well as the national one to limit telemarketers from reaching you.
- Do not give into the pressure to make a decision immediately.
- Monitor incoming calls. Do not pick up unknown numbers or random calls.
- If you do pick up and learn it is a scam call, do not engage. Just hang-up.