The Office of the Inspector General (“OIG”) seeks a self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented individual to administer its training and certification program, known as the Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official program (“MCPPO Program”). The MCPPO Program operates year-round and includes live classes, online trainings and outside speaking engagements. Since its creation in 1997, the program has trained over 23,000 students on a wide range of topics that help state and local governments to operate more effectively. Working in a collaborative team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MCPPO Program.
- Supervise and mentor MCPPO administrative staff.
- Oversee all program logistics, including class schedules, registrations, invoices and payments.
- Assure the quality of the work performed within the MCPPO Program, including the production of class materials.
- Schedule and coordinate classes and outside speaking engagements, including planning all travel, site and equipment arrangements.
- Manage relationships with videoconference locations, vendors, outside speakers, instructors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program’s databases and records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Work closely with the Division Director to develop budget projections, marketing plans and marketing materials.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, program policies and accreditation standards.
- Prepare, review and edit correspondence, registration materials and other documents.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, program management, communications or related field.
- At least five years of directly relevant experience, including at least two years of experience administering or operating a professional certification, continuing education, training or other comparable program.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate as part of a team.
- Proven supervisory or management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience and in an array of settings.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience using databases and case management systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional in-state travel may be required (including overnight stays).
- Familiarity with Time Matters or a comparable case management system.
- Experience working with Microsoft Publisher or other publishing software.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Marketing experience.
- Experience handling confidential records and matters professionally.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000 Annually
How To Apply:
Posting is closed.
Mary Beth Farrelly, Chief Financial Officer
Office of the Inspector General
One Ashburton Place, Room 1311
Boston, MA 02108
The Office of the Inspector General is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The OIG actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce.