This class is geared towards local public officials who are authorized by local charter, bylaws, ordinances or other local rules to conduct real property transactions. Section 16 of Chapter 30B applies to the purchase, sale, lease or rental of real property (including interests in real property).
The online self-paced class is scheduled to be completed within five-weeks. The class consists of lessons or modules that you can complete at your own pace – one lesson per week that can be completed in two or three hours each. Knowledge checks and other exercises will be used to engage registrants.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
May 24 - June 27, 2021
Registration closes 2 weeks before a class starts
Blackboard login information will be emailed to registrants
Self-paced 5-week class
- Defining real property and interests in real property
- Relevant state statutes that apply to local government real property transactions
- Dispositions of real property under Chapter 30B
- Acquisitions of real property under Chapter 30B
- Understanding special circumstances that apply to real property transactions under Chapter 30B
- Practical advice for certain real property transactions