- Register for an upcoming flagship day event
- SRTS hosts 3 flagship days throughout the year. Flagship days are a great way to celebrate those who choose active transportation or to jumpstart walking and biking to school in the community.
- Learn about walking school bus/bike train formations
- Walking school buses and bike trains are fun, social, physically active, and environmentally-friendly forms of transportation. Through evaluation of where students live and current walking route assessments, SRTS can help designate drop off and pick up points for all students along a designated route to school, under complete supervision of parent or school staff volunteers. Request your kit to start a walking school bus.
- Set up a bike rodeo
- A bicycle rodeo is a fun way to teach children about the rules of the road while practicing safe bicycling. The rodeo format incorporates stations along a loop course where children can learn about bicycle safety and practice safe bicycle skills. Students begin by practicing individual skills and gradually advance to a simulated neighborhood environment.
- Walk Across America and Massachusetts posters
- Customize your own special walk or bike event
Safe Routes To School - Encouragement
SRTS helps your school community organize customizable programs and events that encourage students, parents, teachers, and the local community to choose active, healthy, and safe modes of transportation.