Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the MA Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program. The MA SANE Program provides 24/7 emergency forensic nursing services across the Commonwealth. The program welcomes Massachusetts Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives with a minimum of three years of experience to apply to become a part of the MA SANE program. If accepted into the training, you will be required to: (1) Complete the MA SANE Certification Training which includes a precepted exam(s) with an experienced SANE, and (2) Provide on-call hours as a MA SANE within one of six regions across the Commonwealth.
Candidates must print and mail all required documentation.
- Download the SANE Application Form (PDF) | (DOCX). Print and complete the application, attach your Resume/CV and mail it to the address below.
- Send the SANE Reference Form (PDF) | (DOCX) to three professional references. At least two of the three references must be registered nurses; at least one reference must be an immediate supervisor. These references should have personal knowledge of your current clinical abilities, your character, and your ability to work in collaboration with others. References from subordinates will not be accepted. Your references must mail the completed form to the address below. It may be helpful to provide your references with a copy of the reference form and a stamped, addressed envelope.
- After all materials are submitted and reviewed, candidates who will move on to interviews will be contacted to schedule an interview. If you are selected for an interview, you must provide a copy of your Massachusetts Registered Nurse license (and Certified Nurse Midwife/Nurse Practitioner license, if applicable) at the time of the interview.
- If you are accepted into the certification training, you must attend all days of the live, online training; complete all of the recorded modules and quizzes; participate in and demonstrate competency during the on-site clinical day; and successfully pass the written exam. There is no fee to apply to the program, however there is a fee associated with the certification training, if you are accepted. This fee includes training materials and 40+ nursing contact hours.
- If you are accepted into the program and training, you must commit to working for the MA SANE Program for a minimum number of hours per month, which varies by region.
Please print and mail all required documents to:
Mass. Department of Public Health
SANE Application c/o LaToya Brown
250 Washington Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
For additional information, please contact the MA SANE Program at MaSane@MassMail.State.MA.US.