This class concludes with a written exam.
To assist you with earning a designation if you are a designer or OPM, we will apply the certification you earned towards the requirements you need to earn the MCPPO designation. Instead of taking all three classes, you can opt out of the Public Contracting Overview class and just take the Supplies and Services Contracting and Design and Construction Contracting classes.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
March 9, 10, 16, 17, 2022 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Registration closes 2 weeks before a class starts
Blackboard® login details will be emailed to registrants
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Class participants may earn 26 AIA credits or 26 MCPPO credits
- MSBA regulations
- Overview of the public construction laws in Massachusetts
- Role of the designer
- Role of the owner’s project manager
- Legal requirements for public contracts
- Procuring building-design contracts
- Unique bidding requirements for building contracts
- Emergency contracts
- Effective contract administration
- Prevailing wage laws
- Ethics laws and considerations
- Public Records Law
- Special issues in construction